So before we moved to Sydney, my husband used to travel to Australia often. Every time he came back from here, he would rave about the banana bread he had for breakfast. That’s when I first started looking up recipes for one, made it umpteen number of times and perfected it finally! Oh boy! It is one of the best recipes. Very versatile! Very squishy! You can have it for breakfast, with a little salted butter smeared on it! Yummy!!!
Ripe bananas- 4 medium sized/ 3 large ones
Melted butter- 2 tbsp
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Flour- 3/4 cup
Almonds- 3/4 cup chopped
Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 170-degree celsius.
- Mash the bananas and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Pour this mixture into a buttered loaf tin and bake for 35-45 mins.
- The riper the banana is, better the taste. I usually pick ones with loads of brown spots!
- You can use walnuts instead of almonds, but I like almonds better.
- If the cake batter is too dry, add a couple of tablespoons of milk.
- Make sure the egg is at room temperature.